How to Sing High Notes Easily
Do you ever listen to Beyonce or other top notch singers and think to yourself: I wish I knew how to sing like that! Well, if you did, you’ve come to the right place. We’re going to tell you a few tried and true tips on how to sing high notes. These tips will go a long way in bringing your vocal range to a further level, but it will happen over time and with lots and lots of practice. So, don’t expect to beat out Beyonce’s ‘Love on Top’ after just one or two days of practising these tips.
If you want the complete and thorough how to sing guide, check out Superior Singing Method.
4 Crucial Tips on How to Sing High Notes Easily
1. Warm Up
Funny how people don’t play sports without warming up their muscles and don’t pay attention to that when they are about to sing. Your facial and throat muscles need proper warm up before you do the heavy singing. If you don’t do this, you will hurt your voice, and it could be damaged permanently.
So, to warm up your facial and throat muscles properly for better singing voice, these exercises will be useful:
- Place your fingers on your chin and thumbs under your chin. Now, slowly massage your soft under-chin area with your thumbs. That will loosen up the muscles and relax your face a bit.
- Open your eyes and mouth to their full extent and then close it by scrunching up your face. Do this a few times to loosen your facial muscles more.
- Now do a few BIG yawns.
- Stretch and relax your neck and shoulder muscles. You may not think it’s necessary, but it plays a significant role in relaxing your face.
Breathing is imperative in singing, and you need to learn the proper techniques to use breathing to your advantage. Here are a few tips for breathing exercises so that you can reach your maximum potential:
- Put your hand on your belly and try to take few deep, deep breaths.
- Remember to breathe from your lower torso and not from your chest. Your stomach should empty out and fill up before your chest.
- To practice your breathing, try to make a ‘Shhh’ sound when releasing your breath. Your sound should not have any breaks in it. Keep the sound constant and even until you have no breath left to support your voice. Do it a few times, and you will see a difference.
3. Choose a Good Place For Practice
Sound reverberation and echo are crucial if you want to hear yourself clearly. For example, if you sing in the shower, the tiles will provide the perfect acoustic environment, and you will hear yourself clearly. Also, the steam will help you in hydrating your throat.
On the other hand, if you sing in the car, it is the worst place you could think of for singing practice. The environment in your vehicle will drown out your sound. You will have to strain your muscles more, and you may end up damaging your voice as a result.
4. Stay Hydrated
If you want more tips on how to sing high notes, check out Superior Singing Method. They cover everything you need to know and do to become a professional singer. Also, they are cheap as compared to other programs out there!