If you have two young children (twins or a baby and a toddler) it would be a challenge to take the both of them on trips without causing too much of a hassle. If that is your dilemma, then you should consider looking into a double umbrella stroller.
Umbrella type strollers are called “umbrella strollers” because they fold just like an umbrella does.
In short, these strollers are relatively small and lightweight making them perfect for strolls around the neighborhood, around the city and trips by land or air. Check out all the features and benefits of an umbrella stroller, double them up and you get a double umbrella stroller.
3 Best Double Umbrella Stroller Reviews 2017
1. Baby Jogger City Mini Double Stroller, Crimson/Gray
[amazon box=”B00G3XR8LM” template=”bigbox”]
Tagging along two babies is no longer a struggle. The Baby Jogger City Mini Double Stroller allows you to have a fun, safe and leisurely stroll with your little ones.
This double umbrella stroller features a 5-point harness with shoulder pads to keep your children comfortable and safe.
Seats are padded and have an upright and almost flat reclines. 8” EVA wheels allow an easy push and both sets of front wheels swivel and lock.
Individual canopies protect each child from the harmful rays of the sun and retractable covers provide extra protection from the elements.
Storage compartments are available at the rear part of the double stroller and a basket is located under the seats. Rear parking brakes make it safe to lift a baby anytime without fear that the stroller will run on its own.
This stroller easily folds up after use and the auto lock system also makes it easy to store. Thus, this can be a perfect or best double stroller for you.
Features and Benefits
This double umbrella stroller is so convenient to use. It is also packed with features for ease of use, comfort, and safety.
- Each of the seats is padded and can recline to an almost flat position to make one baby sleep comfortably with the other one up and about. So, this is a qulaity double umbrella stroller that reclines.double umbrella stroller that reclines.
- Seat tops are ventilated to allow air to flow.
- The 5-point harness is adjustable and comes with shoulder pads and covered buckles.
- Both canopies have peek-a-boo windows so you can see your babies while pushing the stroller.
- Weather shields are an extra addition to protecting babies from the elements.
- Front wheel suspension and sealed ball bearings allow a smooth ride even on bumpy terrain.
- 8” EVA wheels and both sets of front swivel wheels lock and easily release for easy maneuvering on grassy grounds and narrow sidewalks.
- Both sets of front wheels swivel and easily lock.
- Rear parking brakes keep the stroller in place while in a parking position.
- Baskets under the seat and storage compartments at the rear of the stroller have room for toys and babies’ essential needs.
- The Quick-Fold Technology allows this stroller to be easily stored after each use.
- An auto-lock keeps the stroller folded while you move it from one place to another.
- Can be used with selected car seats (adapter needed) for conversion into a travel system.
- The stroller is less than 30” wide so it can pass through most standard sized doors.
The Fold: The Quick Fold Technology makes the Baby Jogger City Mini Double Stroller easy to fold with one hand. When you lift the straps, this stroller will fold on its own. The auto lock will keep the stroller folded while it is in transit or in storage.
The Seats: Seat both riders safely in seats that are padded and buckle them up with the adjustable 5-point harness with buckle covers and shoulder pads. Individual seats recline separately to an almost flat position so riders do not disturb each other.
The Canopy: Both canopies are equipped with the SPF 50+ sun protection. These canopies can be opened and closed in various positions. They also each have peek-a-boo windows so babies can be seen from any angle. Canopies can also be individually adjusted.
Rain is no problem as the stroller comes with weather shields that can be rolled out for protection when it rains.
The Wheels: Easily maneuver the Baby Jogger City Mini Double Stroller with its 8” EVA wheels with front swivel and suspension ensuring a smooth ride for the babies. Front wheel suspension along with sealed ball bearings ensures a comfortable ride even on uneven surfaces. Front wheel swivels are lockable for easy steering. This
Front wheel swivels are lockable for easy steering. This double umbrella stroller remains safe when in stand-by mode when rear parking brakes and in use.
Storage Compartments: Each seat comes with a storage compartment on the rear. An added storage basket is located under the seats. These leaves more than enough storage space for all the toys and baby stuff that need to be brought to ensure the comfort of the babies. Thus, this is a quality Double Umbrella Stroller with storage.
Travel System: Baby Jogger City Mini Double Stroller converts into a travel system when a compatible car seat is used with it (car seat adapter needed). Compact Prams can also be added to the stroller for infants.
The only handicap this stroller may have is its price but then again, this is a double umbrella stroller.
Available Accessories (Sold Separately)
The Baby Jogger City Mini Double Stroller is customizable to meet your specific needs.
- Parent Console for your smartphone, keys, and wallet.
- Belly Bar for your child’s added safety and comfort
- Child Tray
- Cooler Bag for cold drinks
- Carry Bag
- Foot Muff to keep babies’ feet warm during cold weather.
- Liquid Holster to hold your drink so it won’t spill.
- Cup holder
- Compact Pram to convert stroller into a comfortable bassinet.
- Car Seat Adapters to allow the stroller’s use with a compatible car seat.
- Glider Board to allow your older child to hitch a ride.
- Two individually adjustable seats
- Unfolded Dimensions : 38.5” x39.75” x 41.5”
- Folded Dimensions: 11.25” x 29.75” x 31”
- Stroller Weight: 26.6 lbs.
The stroller comes with one-year warranty except for the wheels.
The Baby Jogger City Mini Double Stroller is a superb stroller that is perfect for any lifestyle. It is one of the few side by side double strollers that are super light in weight. Its spacious seats and the fact that it can convert into a travel system with a compatible car seat (adapter needed) make it a value for money double umbrella stroller. Not to mention that it is the most practical and convenient double stroller to push around.
2. Britax B-Agile Double Stroller, Black
[amazon box=”B00K0AV47S” template=”bigbox”]
The Britax B-Agile Double Stroller is a double stroller that is light in weight. It can carry your child from birth to under his toddler years and even older.
Although it is a double umbrella stroller, it has a narrow width thus it can pass through standard sized doors. This stroller is ideal for urban living and parents who are constantly on the go.
Features and Benefits
The Britax B-Agile Double Stroller is a double umbrella stroller packed with a lot of convenient and safe features.
- Lightweight frame for ease in pushing and carrying. This makes it a quality lightweight stroller.
- Stroller folds in seconds even with only one hand.
- Narrow enough to fit through standard doors despite its being a double umbrella stroller.
- Individual reclining seat
- Storage pockets at the back of each canopy with zippers
- Easy to use foot brake
- Front swivel wheels that make the stroller easily make turns and which can be locked for easy navigation through snow and sand.
- Easy harness adjustment provided by the sliding harness height adjuster at the pocket on the back of each seat.
- Height handle bar that can be easily adjusted
- Compatible with most infant car seat.
- Can be converted into a travel system.
The Seats: Each seat of the Britax B-Agile Double Stroller has its own individual recline. Simply undo the strap and the seat will recline. Its recline go all the way down to the lay-flat position which is perfect for newborn babies. Each seat is provided with a 5-point safety harness with pads.
Its recline go all the way down to the lay-flat position which is perfect for newborn babies. Each seat is provided with a 5-point safety harness with pads.
You can detach the right seat and insert a compatible car seat. Only one car seat can be accommodated and a car seat adaptor comes with the stroller. This is a welcome addition as car seat adapters are often sold separately.
This is a welcome addition as car seat adapters are often sold separately.
If you intend to convert this double umbrella stroller into a travel system, use it with the Britax Baby-Safe Car Seat or the Britax Baby-Safe II Plus SHR Car Sear. This is one of the reasons you can consider it a perfect or best umbrella stroller.
The Wheels: The Britax B-Agile Double Stroller has four sets of wheels which are all suspension allowing this stroller to have a smooth ride even in tough terrain. Rear wheels are larger in diameter and two smaller wheels for each seat for the front wheels.
Front swivel wheels can be locked at 3600 making it again perfect for rough terrain. The locking system also keeps the stroller from wiggling during long walks.
Best of all, the wheels are puncture-resistant. The brakes, a foot pedal is located below the right seat. The brakes lock the rear wheels.
The Fold: The Britax B-Agile Double Stroller is an easy fold stroller. Simply push the sun canopy and position the handlebar up and release the auto fold lock, pull the straps on the seats and the stroller will automatically fold.
Once folded the auto lock takes effect and the stroller will not unfold on its own. Make sure to pull the handle all the way up so the stroller can stand on its own and can easily store in narrow spaces when folded.
The Ride: Although designed for a city lifestyle the Britax B-Agile Double Stroller can maneuver through rough terrain with its built-in suspension.
Front swivel wheels lock at 3600 to ensure a smooth and comfortable ride even while cruising through rough terrain. Lockable wheels also stop the stroller from wiggling too much during long walks.
The Chasis: The chassis of this double umbrella stroller is made of lightweight aluminum material. The middle of the handlebar comes with a small handle so you can maneuver the stroller with only one hand.
The brake is released or activated by a simple tap of your toes.
The handle on the chassis can be adjusted to fit the height of the person pushing the stroller so she can comfortably push the stroller. The handle is padded to make pushing the stroller comfortable.
The Canopy: Each of the seats of the Britax B-Agile Double Stroller has its own individual canopy with peek-a-boo window. Windows come with a mesh for proper air circulation and for you to be able to see your babies from any angle of the stroller.
The canopies also come with a mesh panel on top with a zipper so it can be rolled in or rolled out depending on the weather.
The canopy can be adjusted into three different positions (folded, partially rolled out and rolled out). The front of the canopy can extend all the way down.
The Storage Areas: There is a spacious storage basket located under the seats of the Britax B-Agile Double Stroller. So, it is a useful double umbrella stroller with basket. It can be reached either by the sides of the stroller or from the rear side.
There are also pockets at the back of each seat for additional storage. These pockets have zippers, so all items are safe.
The finish is not too neat. The ends of the zippers are visible. Fabric panels are a bit untidy. The seats are not upright enough to make it comfortable for toddlers. The bumper bar is also missing.
Contents of Box
- double umbrella stroller
- Owner’s Manual
Available Accessories (Sold Separately)
- Britax B-Agile Double Child Tray to hold baby’s snacks and drinks.
- Britax Stroller Organizer with two insulated beverage holders.
Handle Bar Height: 75 – 110 cm
Wheel Diameters: Rear- 24 cm ; Front – 16 cm
Stroller Width: 77.5 cm
Stroller Weight: 13.2 kg
Seat Width: 30 cm
Backrest Height: 47 cm
Height to Canopy: 54 cm
Calf rest Length: 24 cm
One year limited warranty
The Britax B-Agile Double Stroller comes with all the standard features of a double umbrella stroller. It comes with a few additions like the one hand steering handle bar.
There is a lot to like in this stroller and relatively none to dislike.
However, it does not come across as having so much flair and style. It nevertheless is a durable side-by-side double stroller with a lot of storage compartments and an easy to fold design.
The canopies also give more than enough protection to the riders. It is also reasonably priced and will surely last for a long time.
3. BOB Revolution Flex Duallie Stroller, Lagoon
[amazon box=”B00KASV664″ template=”bigbox”]
The BOB Revolution Flex Duallie Stroller is a double umbrella stroller considered by most as the number one jogging stroller. It features front swivel wheels which also locked for safety.
A stroller which can be used for all kinds of terrain, this double stroller comes with suspension wheels that can be adjusted for easy maneuvering through bumps.
Its handlebars can also be adjusted to fit parents of any height.
When used with the BOB B-Safe 35 Infant Seat, it makes one of the best travel systems available in the market.
All parts of the BOB Revolution Flex Duallie Stroller down to the last detail perfectly fit together to create a lightweight and comfortable stroller.
Features and Benefits
- Front wheels swivel for easy maneuvering on turns.
- Front wheels lock for added safety while on uneven terrain or while jogging.
- The handlebar is padded and can be adjusted to 9 positions to fit parents of different heights.
- Suspension system with 3 inches of travel and two positions of weight support to ensure a smooth ride.
- Folds in 2 easy steps for easy transport and storage.
- Easily converts into a travel system as it is compatible with the Bob B- Safe 35 Infant Car seat or car seats of any major brand. (BOB DUALLIE Infant Car Seat Adapter needed).
- High-impact polymer wheels which are air-filled ensure a smooth ride in both on-road or off-road.
- Front wheel adjustable tracking easily adjusts alignment with an easy to use knob.
- The brake is easily activated by foot for safe parking.
- Seats are in fully upright position.
- Seats are fully padded and equipped with the right ventilation as well as the 5-point harness system to keep your child safe and comfortable.
- Comes with an ultra-large Low Boy Cargo basket
- Comes with pockets for drinks, drinks and babies’ essential needs.
- Ultra-large canopies with UPF 50+ to protect babies from the harmful effects of the sun and other elements. Canopies have large windows so you have a view of the babies at all times.
- Comes with a wrist strap for safety while you are jogging.
- Includes a buckle to keep the stroller securely closed when folded.
- Comes with a slim design so it can fit most standard-sized doors.
- 50 pound capacity for each seat.
- Made of poly and dobby weave fabric with water repellant coating.
The Handles: The handles of the BOB Revolution Flex Duallie Stroller are padded and adjustable. Handles can be adjusted in 9 different ways to accommodate parents of any height.
With the handles fitted to the height of the parent who pushes the stroller, long walks or using the stroller for extended periods of time is guaranteed to be convenient and comfortable.
The Wheels: Front wheels have been designed to swivel for easy maneuvering. Locking system enables this double umbrella stroller to still be stable and safe even when used while jogging and traversing rough terrain. Jogging with speed is no cause for worry as the locking system will not cause the stroller to tip off.
This BOB Revolution Flex Duallie Stroller features three air-filled wheels, a 12” wheel on the front and 16” wheels on the rear. Wheels are made of high-impact polymer material.
The Adjustable suspension system allows the stroller to be adjusted based on the terrain. So whether this stroller is used on smooth or rough terrain, the ride is consistently smooth. A foot brake located between the 2 rear wheels makes sure the stroller will not flip.
The Fold: BOB Revolution Flex Duallie Stroller can be easily folded in 2 simple steps for easy transporting and storage. Its lightweight frame allows it to be folded without much struggle.
The Seats: Padded seats can either be in an upright or recline positions. The pads make sure your babies are comfortable at all times. The seats feature the 5-point harness system that is likewise padded to keep your babies securely safe while on the stroller.
The Chassis: This double umbrella stroller is a multifaceted jogging stroller perfect also for everyday use. Its sturdy frame is made of high-quality aluminum and chromyl materials.
There are some things most mom find lacking in the BOB Revolution Flex Duallie Stroller.
- The canopy does not look that good when pulled back.
- Perfect alignment is needed before you can maneuver this stroller through a doorway.
- It is not as lightweight as most double strollers in the market.
- It does not have an auto locking system when folded. You need to use a strap.
Weight: 34 lbs
Length: Swivel mode – 48”; Jogging mode- 53”
Handle Bar Height: 34” – 45”
Height: Seat to canopy – 23”
Capacity: *Up to 50 pounds per seat or 100 pounds total for both seats.
Maximum rider height: 44 inches
Open Dimensions: 53.5-59.5″ L x 30.6″ W x 31.5-47.5″ H
Folded Dimensions: 39″L x 25.5″W x 16″H
*Do not exceed maximum weight and height. It will cause the stroller to be unstable.
5 year limited warranty on the frame and 1 year on small parts and fabric.
Overall, the BOB Revolution Flex Duallie Stroller is an amazing double umbrella stroller. It is an all-terrain stroller and features an aesthetically attractive design. It may be high priced but its high-end features more than compensate for that fact.
This stroller has almost everything you need in a double stroller – high-end features complimented with excellent performance This stroller was built with the convenience, comfort and safety of both the parents and babies in mind.
Choosing the best double umbrella stroller that is a perfect fit for you and your children is harder than selecting a single umbrella stroller. When you need to push around two kids, most strollers are most likely to be bulky and heavy.
This is not true with double umbrella strollers. While they are double in every part, they remain easy to handle, maneuver and carry around. So, pick one of these twin strollers for the best performance.