A griddle makes healthy cooking possible. Very little or no fats at all is needed to cook food. In short, food is cooked in their own fats. Whether for use on a stove top or electric, an electric griddle is one versatile kitchen gadget. You can simultaneously cook a variety of food in it.
An electric griddle though is more practical to use. It works through a heating element which always cooks food at the right temperature. It can also be used on the dinner table so diners can cook their own food or as a serving platter.
Electric griddles are easy to clean. Since they often come with non-stick surfaces, they can be cleaned with only a damp cloth. This is normally done when the electric griddle needs to be used immediately after.
When cooking is finally done, allow the griddle to cool and hand wash. Most models, allow the griddle surface to be detached from the base for easy cleaning without wetting the electrical components.
Electric griddles are easy to use. Most of them come with temperature settings and all you need is to set the required temperature. Cooking surfaces are also often non-stick ideal for low fat cooking and easy cleaning.
Most cooking surfaces and temperature controls are detachable for easy cleaning. They come in a variety of designs that would easily blend with any modern kitchen.
- 10 Best Electric Griddle Reviews in 2017
- 1. Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler (GR-4N)
- 2. Presto 22-inch Electric Griddle (07061)
- 3. Presto Liddle Griddle (07211)
- 4. BLACK+DECKER 12x 22 inch Electric Griddle (GD2011B)
- 5. Hamilton Beach Grill/Griddle (38546)
- 6. Presto Electric Griddle (07030)
- 7. Broil King Professional Griddle (PCG-10)
- 8. Oster -ECO DuraCeramic Griddle (CKSTGRFM18W)
- 9. Wolfgang Puck Electric Grill and Griddle
- 10. Nostalgia Extra-Large Griddle (NGD200)
10 Best Electric Griddle Reviews in 2017
1. Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler (GR-4N)
- 5-in-1 countertop unit works as a contact grill, panini press, full grill, full griddle and half grill/half griddle
- Brushed stainless-steel housing; sturdy panini-style handle; floating cover to adjust to thickness of food
- Removable and reversible nonstick cooking plates drain grease for healthy cooking; integrated drip tray
This item is an electric full griddle, half griddle/half grill, contact grill, full grill and Panini press. These are all possible by simply flipping the cooking plates.
To set to the desired cooking method, set the selector knob to either griddle or grill/Panini. Griddle and grill/Panini functions each have their own temperature control dials.
When using the half griddle/half grill function, you can use either of the temperature control knobs. Base of the griddle is made of brushed stainless steel. Its handle made of cast metal is durable and the cover can be adjusted to accommodate thick food.
Reversible and detachable cooking plates are made of non-stick material to allow low fat or non-fat healthy cooking. It also comes with a drip tray on the side to collect excess fats/oil.
Temperature control knobs have indicator lights to show set temperature. Griddle temperatures can be adjusted from between 200 – 4250F. Grill /Panini function on the other hand has a Warm to Sear temperature adjustment with Low, Medium and High in between.
Cooking plates and drip tray are dishwasher safe. For ease in using, this cooking gadget comes with release buttons for cooking plates to be easily reversed and a hinge lever so the cover can be laid in a full flat position.
For easy cleaning of the non-stick cooking surfaces, a scraper has been included. Set also comes with a gourmet recipe booklet.
2. Presto 22-inch Electric Griddle (07061)
- Premium nonstick surface provides stick-free cooking and easy cleaning. slide-out drip tray removes and cleans easily.
- Control master heat control maintains the desired cooking temperature automatically. heavy cast aluminum base is virtually...
- Griddle is fully immersible with the heat control removed.
What we have here is a basic griddle that can simultaneously cook 4 pancakes, 4 sunny side up eggs and 6 large sausages. That is how large this griddle is, 26.25” x 11.5” x 2.5” with a 22 inch cooking surface.
Cooking surface is made of high quality non-stick material to allow healthy cooking with less fats or no fats at all and an easy non-stressful clean-up.
An adjustable temperature control allows food to be cooked at the right and maintained temperature. Temperature control can be removed to allow cooking plate to be immersed in water for thorough clean-up.
It also comes with a drip tray on the side to collect excess oil. It can be removed for easy cleaning. Handles can also be detached for easy cleaning and storage.
Base of this large griddle is made of durable cast aluminum which will not in any means deform. Although large, it only requires an 18 inch cabinet storage area with the handles detached.
This kitchen gadget consumes a low 1500 watts on 120 volt power outlet. It comes with a 1 year limited warranty.
3. Presto Liddle Griddle (07211)
- Compact electric griddle with 8-1/2-by-10-1/2-inch nonstick cooking surface
- Made of cast aluminum that resists warping and distributes heat evenly
- Automatically maintains temperatures ranging from warm to 400 degrees F
This is a small griddle with a cooking surface of 8.1” X 10.5” which can simultaneously cook 2 sunny side up eggs and 4 strips of bacon. It is ideal for a newly-wed couple or one who lives in a dorm or small apartment.
It will not occupy too much space in your kitchen countertop or cabinet. Cooking surface is non-stick thus requiring less oil or no oil at all for healthy cooking.
Cooking plate is made of cast aluminum which is a very good heat conductor making it heat fast and allows for even heat distribution. Adjustable temperature control maintains set temperature longer than most electric griddles allowing you to cook a second batch of food without re-setting the temperature.
Handles and legs of this electric griddle are heat-resistant. Both can be unscrewed for easy storage and clean-up. The temperature control is detachable so the gadget cam be totally immersed in water for thorough cleaning. It is also dishwasher safe.
This 120 volt kitchen gadget only consumes 1000 watts of power and comes with a 1 year warranty.
4. BLACK+DECKER 12x 22 inch Electric Griddle (GD2011B)
- Product note: the logo design of this item may vary depending on when the product was manufactured.
- Product dimensions 22"x12", cooking surface 20"x11", 8 servings.
- Nonstick cooking surface, Drip tray for easy clean up.
If you want an efficient electric griddle but are on a tight budget, this might be the most ideal pick. It is large enough to simultaneously cook 8 pancakes. Family size, it really is.
It features a high grade non-stick cooking surface for cooking with little or no oil. That allows for all the way healthy cooking and easy cleaning, too. It comes with a detachable temperature control for easy use, storage and cleaning.
It also has a drip tray for all those excess cooking fats. Heating elements heat fast and distributes heat evenly allowing for perfect cooking.
Handles and legs remain cool despite cooking in the highest temperature making it ideal for dinner table cooking. At only 5.2 pounds it is indeed light to transfer from the kitchen to the dining table.
5. Hamilton Beach Grill/Griddle (38546)
- 2 reversible grids
- 2 cooking areas with adjustable heat
- Double-sided grids offer 3 cooking options
This versatile product can be used 3 ways: a full griddle, a full griller and as a half griddle/half griller. This is made possible by 2 reversible double sided cooking grids.
Each grid has a cooking space of about 90 square inch. You can cook two separate meals at the same time! That’s a lot of time saved. It comes with 2 temperature control knobs- 1 for each cooking method.
A grease tray to catch excess oil is on the center, between both cooking plates.
This kitchen essential is made of durable metal to ensure long years of use. Cooking plates and grease tray are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
6. Presto Electric Griddle (07030)
- Ideal for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and buffet-style serving. Premium nonstick surface for stick-free cooking and easy...
- Heavy cast aluminum base is virtually warp-proof. Built-in backstop ledge provides easy food handling.
- Fully immersible and dishwasher safe with the heat control removed.
This electric griddle features a spacious 10.5” x 20.5” non-stick cooking surface. Non-stick material is of high quality and does a good job in preventing food from sticking in the cooking surface.
As with all non-stick surfaces, the right cooking utensils needs to be used to prevent damage to the coating.
In the center of the cooking surface is a hole for excess cooking fats to flow into the drip tray below. It also features an easy to use removable temperature control dial with settings from Keep Warm – 400 0F.
Set temperature is reached fast and maintained for even cooking.
Base of this electric griddle is made of cast aluminum so it will never get deformed despite continuous and long years of use. Control dial can be detached for easy storage and to allow the unit to be submerged in water for thorough cleaning.
Unit comes with a booklet with suggested temperature settings for different food items. It also comes with a 1 year limited warranty.
7. Broil King Professional Griddle (PCG-10)
- NEW environmentally friendly non-stick with non-stick coating.
- Removable stainless-steel backsplash; rear legs help facilitate grease run-off.
- Adjustable heat up to 425 degrees F; cool-touch stainless-steel handles.
This is a large electric griddle with a cooking surface of 12” x 22” allowing you to cook large quantity of food at the same time. It comes with a ceramic coated non-stick cooking surface preventing food from sticking on it and also for easy cleaning.
Temperature control settings are from 2000 to 4250 allowing you to cook to perfection a wide array of food. Desired temperature is reached quite fast and maintained for even cooking without any cold spots.
Even when cooking at the highest temperatures, its stainless steel handles remain cool. It can be safely moved immediately after cooking or while cooking (should you need to). It can be quite heavy though as it is made of durable and thick cast aluminum material.
A stainless steel splatter guard to prevent oil from getting into things beside it and on the countertop for mess-free cooking has been included. It also saves you from oil splatters.
Unit comes with a drip tray to catch excess oil easily because the rear legs can be tilted allowing oil to easily flow to the tray. This allows for healthy cooking.
With the temperature control detached, the entire unit can be submerged in water for thorough cleaning. It is dishwasher safe, too (that is if it will fit). This unit comes with a 2 year warranty.
8. Oster -ECO DuraCeramic Griddle (CKSTGRFM18W)
- Unique and innovative Dura Ceramic non-stick ceramic coating, 4 times more durable. Won't flake or peel
- Natural ceramic coating is easy to clean and is healthy as it is free of PTFE & PFOA chemicals
- Cooks up to 20% faster saving time and energy
The nicest thing about this electric griddle is it comes with a slip-out warming tray to keep food warm while the rest are still cooking. It comes with a large 10 inches x 18.5 inches cooking surface made of DuraCeramic.
This coating allows healthy cooking as it is PTFE & PFOA free. It also allows food to be cooked fast (about 20% faster as compared to other non-stick surfaces) because ceramic is a good heat conductor.
It is more durable than any other non-stick coatings and is more scratch-free. It cleans easily, too.
Temperature control is adjustable for desired cooking temperature and maintains it while cooking. It can be detached for easy cleaning of the entire griddle and also when the griddle is used as a serving platter.
9. Wolfgang Puck Electric Grill and Griddle
- 1800-watt reversible grill/griddle with 207-square-inch cooking surface
- Adjustable temperature control; nonstick surface for effortless food release
- Grease channels promote healthier cooking; removable drip tray
This is a large Griddle and Griller in one electric kitchen gadget. Its non-stick cooking surface is reversible to allow cooking on a flat surface on one side and grilling on the reverse side.
Since it has a large cooking surface, cooking huge amounts of food is a breeze. It comes with a drip tray to store all those excess cooking oil from the grease channel to promote healthy cooking.
The easy to use temperature control can be adjusted to your desired cooking temperature. Once reached, temperature is maintained to allow even heat distribution for perfect cooking.
Handles remain cool even when cooking at high temperature. Temperature control and drip tray are removable for easy cleaning.
Cooking surface releases easily too so it can be thoroughly cleaned. This item weighs about 11 pounds and has a cooking surface of 207 square inches. This kitchen gadget consumes only 1800 watts of electricity.
10. Nostalgia Extra-Large Griddle (NGD200)
- Non-stick coating
- Adjustable thermostat: 200-400° F
- Warming drawer keeps food ready to serve
This is a stylish and large electric griddle. It comes with a slide out warming tray beneath the cooking surface to keep food warm before serving.
Griddle is made of die-cast aluminum which is a good conductor of heat. It allows even heat distribution throughout the cooking surface eliminating cold spots.
Cooking surface is non-stick so food, well of course, does not stick. Adjustable temperature control ranges from 220- 2500F and 300-4250F. Once temperature is set, cooking surface heats up easily.
Cooking temperatures are well maintained to ensure perfect cooking.
This unit comes with a detachable drip tray for excess oil from the cooking surface to flow to. This promotes healthy cooking as food is becomes free of excess fats.
Unit is 10” x 18” x 3.5” and weighs only 7 pounds. It consumes 1400 watts of electricity and runs on a 120V power outlet.
When you are scouting for an electric griddle, it is important that you already have an idea of the cooking surface size that you need. This will at an instant allow you to come up with a short list.
The size is based on the quantity of food you intend to cook in the griddle. Available storage space should also be taken into consideration. It is also a must that you already more or less have an idea of whether you need a full griddle or a combo griddle/griller.
The non-stick surface must be durable. The temperature range must meet your requirement based on the type of food you intend to cook.
More importantly, required temperatures must be reached fast and maintained while cooking to avoid cold and hot spots. Of course the entire electric griddle must have a durable design.
Then you need to decide on the extras that you need: drip trays, food warmers and stay cool handles and legs. You also need to take into consideration ease in cleaning: easy to detach temperature controls and cooking surfaces.
Lastly, how much are you willing to pay for an electric griller that will allow you a lot of cooking convenience?